Thursday, January 29, 2009

KENYA KENYA KENYA!!!

I will write more about this soon, but I haven't mentioned at all that I am going to Africa for the month of July!!!
I am going with my uncle's family to Tenwek hospital that is 3-4 hour drive outside of Nairobi, Kenya. We will be spending a couple days in Nairobi at a women's home that helps former prostitutes to learn skills to support themselves and an orphanage there too. Our time at Tenwek, my uncle will be serving as a doctor there, but I will be helping out in a number of different areas, basically where they need help on any particular day. My opportunities will be helping in an orphanage, local schools, nearby villages[community help], hopefully administrative shadowing -like business experience type work- and random things around the compound. I'm not going as an intern, so I don't have a specific role, but thankfully I have the chance of seeing how the business end runs and also working with people.

I am so so so excited but will have to write about this later.

I gotta get up in a few hours for 8:00 International Marketing :)

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Thanks for sending us your blog site, will check it when you're in Kenya. Will be praying for you.
Grandma