Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Men of Zebulun

As I have been reading through the Word, I am now in the middle of I Chronicles. For some reason, one small and rather insignificant verse really stuck out to me.

12:33 says, "men of Zebulun, experienced soldiers prepared for battle with every type of weapon, to help David with undivided loyalty-50,000;"

Our theme this summer at BLBC is STAND based off of Ephesians 6 and the armor of God. Even if this wasn't our theme, I think that this summer we all realized that we were entering into very real spiritual warfare. The description of the men of Zebulun is such the essence of what we should strive for! I want to be an experienced soldier, prepared with every form of weapon (or the full armor of God), and to have completely undivided loyalty-such a beautiful thing.

No comments: