Tuesday, November 18, 2008

busy mind

so many thoughts have run through my head today and i've been going strong but getting nothing done!
I got to sleep in a bit, enjoy some of the book of Daniel, I got to a part today that always blows me away, the other satraps could find no corruption in him, it says he was "neither corrupt nor negligent" basically, he was faithful in all he did and he did it all ridiculously well. This time reading through the book I guess some of things seem more miraculous than I had given them former credit for..like the fact that Daniel was revealed the king's dream through a vision, crazy! and just the whole thing of the fiery furnace, the fire was so engulfing and hot and the men who threw in the 3 guys died, yet they not only survived but were walking around and when they came out didnt' even SMELL like smoke. and I think it's comical that there was a 4th man that "looked like a God", like our God not only meets us in our need but is really really there. After this miracle, of course people would have emotions worked up or w/e but it's still insane the way that the king reacts, he goes from killing people who won't worship his statue to worshipping the One True God and demands that everyone else does as well!!!

back to my day... I needed to go to court to observe for Business Law, so I went out to the parking lot to leave, the weather is GORGEOUS! sunny sky, cool air, just was like empowering. so I go over to my car, which the windshield is frozen/dusted over and well I don't have a scraper yet, soo I first used my coat, not working, but then I pulled around so the sun was on it and let me tell you, a rubber flipflop works GREAT!... so I went and missed the first set of cases and was told to come back 2 hours later, so I was not going to drive all the way back, so I went to Alpine and well lets just say that none of the internet was workin for me, so I needed to drive back to get a World Civ letter turned in on time, since I was skipping class to go to court (that sounds so funny!) so I went. Yup, got roughed around by a scary lady police officer, sat, waited and listen to a lot of different cases, very interesting but just one of those places your nerves are kinda on end the whole time.
Well I need to go, Michelle is waiting on me, sorry Michelle :).
I'm so excited, it's THANKSGIVING DINNER tonight!!! BEST meal at Cornerstone!

No comments: