Thursday, November 20, 2008

Praise the Lord for a new day!

I am just so thankful for today! Tuesday night I stayed up late having a couple very needed conversations. Wednesday was just a downer for me... I was thinking about hard things have gone on back home and about how much the people closest to me have been hurt so much in the recent past... also, just being single has never been something I struggled not being content with, but this semester all of my best friends are in serious relationships and everything is very different and that has been super difficult for me. Anyway, by the time I was done with classes (getting a bad test back in accounting, and taking an exam in fine arts), I was at a point of breaking. I went back to my room, grabbed a notebook and my Bible and went to retreat to break down. I read, prayed, journalled, cried a bit & well it helped a little bit. I went and visited Court and Beth after this, which was nice to just lighten up and dream bout our future apartment together :) The day really started to turn around with tutoring though, the kids just display such pure love! Also, I went to watch Chuck do "Joe the Homosexual" which was super interesting and a great experience I think.
Anyway....on to a NEW DAY! Today has been great. I am just so much more peaceful and emotionally together. There are a million things going on and due and that I need to be working on and studying ect but it will be ok. I am so thankful for sleep and for the Lord's strength to face a new day and have a new perspective within such a short time.
then tonight was meet a need, just four of us went down to partner with the grand valley people... and man, I take so much forgranted, those homeless or struggling individuals that we are able to interact with work so hard to just get by and stay warm. I sit in my warm room, eat the cafeteria food (while profusely complaining!), and often don't find the joy in life that I should. I want to learn to be thankful. Rid myself of this American shell & take each blessing as a true blessing!
Oh and aparently I am going to marry a guy named John. -we may be moving to CA in my station wagon- There is a guy downtown who basically every time I talk to him either sets me up with someone or about how I will be a good wife someday haha. This week I was set up with a GVSU guy named John, who I had never met before, good times. Gotta love downtown!

No comments: